Wednesday, July 1, 2009

~OUR 12TH ANNIVERSARY~

Tom and I met in December 23, 1996. We were both home for the holiday's. Home was Castle Rock CO for me and Elizabeth for him. My brother needed a ride home from work one night so Tom gave him one and that is how we met. I had just gotten out of a long distance relationship and did not want much to do with him really. I had had enough of men for a while!! But I knew there was something different about him from the start. I tried to tell myself I didn't want anything to do with him but as we can see that didn't work. LOL These first 2 pictures were engagement pictures.


We got engaged March 6, 1997 and then we were married on June 21st 1997. Here are a few pictures. One of them has our friends Brandon and Carrie, they were married 2 weeks before us. They are our "short" friends. LOL One of the pictures is when Tom threw my garter. Chad and Justin decided to go for it. Look at the air they got!!! Justin is the one that caught it. Neither one of these amazing men are with us anymore. We love and miss you both!!!! The picture with the little boy is my nephew, Stephen. I have always loved this picture!!! He is soooo cute!!!





And here we are on our 12th Anniversary. A little less hair (Tom) different colored hair (me), and some extra pounds but just as happy as ever. I just remembered that my first blog I ever did was our anniversary picture last year. How funny!! Our love has truly grown over the year and we are truly blesses with an amazing family and life!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm still sad I never got to come to your wedding. I was working at Aspen Grove and couldn't get time off (and I didn't have the money). You two are great. I'm so glad you found your tall and handsome who makes you happy. It took me a lot longer to find mine, but I love being married to my best friend. Let me know when you're next coming to town. I'm sad you didn't end up coming, but completely understand. Maybe next time we will be in our own house and you can stay with us.

forsgren@wic.net said...

You still look the same to me. Those little short people are very presious to me also. I can't believe it has been 12 years since you kids were married, but the kids tell the truth huh??? LOL Beth