Wednesday, March 4, 2009

~MY BIRTDAY AND PINEAPPLE RIGHTSIDE UP CAKE~











I had a great birthday this year!! I decided to go to Grand Junction. It was a tough decision because Tom always treats me like a princess on my birthday so I was sad to be away but my cousins birthday is March 1st so I thought it would be fun to celebrate it together. We went and had pedicures together and then went to dinner at Carrino's. Aubrey, my sister-in-law and Kiessa, Tierreny's daughter came with us. It was fun to have a girls night out!! When I got home Tom and the kids took me to dinner and Vanessa and Ben came. Ben of course had to tell them it was my birthday and against great protest from me they sang to me. I was so embarrassed and so red!! Tom asked me what kind of cake I wanted so I requested Pineapple Upside down cake. He called Angela and got the recipe and got right down to the business of making his first from scratch cake. After dinner we went back to Vanessa and Ben's and Brinlyn went and got the cake. As soon as we saw it Vanessa and I said at the same time "Uhhh you did it wrong". Tom was like "how do you know"? We said it's supposed to upside down on a cookie sheet. HE FORGOT TO FLIP IT!! I thought I was so cute. Angela didn't write to flip the cake at the bottom of the recipe. She just assumed that he would know to. So that is the story of the Pineapple Right Side Up Cake for my birthday.























4 comments:

The Bischoff's said...

That is so funny about the cake!! Tom you're awesome!! =) Glad you had a great b-day! Maybe sometime we will live close enough to celebrate together!! Love Ya!

Angela said...

Sorry for the lack of directions on the cake Tom!! LOL Bet i was still yummy... Glad you had a good Birthday!! Miss ya..

Tiffinie said...

Sorry I missed the the dinner. It looks like you had fun.

Ben + Vanessa said...

You look very beautiful on your Birthday! Interesting cake to say the least! Silly boy!! lol!