Friday, December 26, 2008

~CHRISTMAS BAKING~




















The night before Christmas Eve I decided to get in gear and do some Christmas baking. I got a new cinnamon colored Kitchen Aid mixer for Christmas so we needed to put it to the test. It is a professional series 600 or something like that and it has a huge mixing bowl and the highest powered motor. So I decided to triple the banana bread recipe and see how it did. It was great and nice to get it all done at once. All the kids took turns being my helpers while watching Santa Clause (Lois will be so proud of me, having the kids watch Christmas movies)!! Drake is talking on the phone with my mom in the picture while we were baking so I told her we would blog that one. "Hi Grandma"!! I was sitting with the lights off and the fire going, listening to Christmas music, and decided to take some pic because it was so pretty. It looks like the lights were on but they weren't. It was nice to take the time to pause and reflect on my Christmas' growing up. Such good memories!! Grandpa and Grandma's house, the family and cousins that were there, even the food. There were certain aunts who brought the same thing every year and it is funny to remember. We always had a great Christmas at home too. Some with homemade gifts, some not but always great. I remember playing santa and reindeer with Chad and Angela in his room. We would tie someone to the chair and then one of us would sit on the chair and be santa while the others pulled. Silly I know, but a good memory. I cherish these memories, it is what makes Christmas... Christmas.

No comments: