Sunday, April 12, 2009

~EASTER WEEKEND FUN~





We had a fun Easter weekend as a family! We dyed eggs on Saturday after 3 soccer games. The kids really had fun with that and Drake didn't break any eggs. I expected a couple from a 2 year old. LOL In the collage of egg dying there is a pic of Drake sitting on a little chair. This is his movie watching spot these days and he had to keep going back and forth during our egg dying.
Then on Easter morning the kids all found their baskets. One hid in the dishwasher and one in the oven. I said "I hope I don't turn the oven on in the morning and forget about that basket" and then what do I do in the morning? Turn on the oven for the turkey!! But then I decided I didn't need to put the turkey in quite that early, so after about 5 minutes I turned it off. Good thing huh? I would have had a huge mess and a very disappointed Brinlyn!! So disaster avoided. Why do I do things like that? LOL Hunter is cooking these days and he wanted to make eggs for everyone. (He is following in his daddy's footsteps with the cooking.) YEAH!! That will make for a great husband someday!! Drake wanted to help but he wanted to use is dyed eggs. Had to explain him that those ones aren't any good for scrambled eggs. Also, I am wearing my new apron from Georgia in this collage. It came in pretty handy today and it is so cute!!
After dinner the kid got to eat their chocolate bunnies. They are always very excited for them and as you can see Drake was holding his for a while. Can you say MESSY?!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Wow looks like you guys had loads of fun coloring eggs! The chocolate bunnies look fun too...